Apple is a US-based company famous worldwide for the top-notch quality of its smart gadgets.
Apple was set up on April 1, 1976. From 1976 to 2022, the technology used by Apple has evolved very much, which we can see in their products as the output.
You must be familiar with the product by the Apple company called “MacBook”. Also, another most commonly used gadget called the “Apple Watch”, which brought a revolution in the powerful computer systems of the market and also created a competition for its rival Tech Companies.
Have you ever thought about how one can unlock a Mac device from their Apple Watch?
OMG, Isn’t it fascinating!
You are very close to becoming tech. Here are some things you need to know before jumping directly into experimentation.
For unlocking your Mac with your Apple Watch, please check your system requirements.
Here we go:
If your Mac is manufactured between mid-2013 or later, with Mac OS (Operating System) 10.13 or later, then “CONGRATULATIONS“, you can unlock your Mac quickly when it wakes up from sleep mode.
Tip: You need to log in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on both Mac and Apple Watch.
You must be wondering how to find the year of manufacturing of your Mac?
So, here’s a quick solution for you:
- Click on the Apple menu, which you will find in the top-left corner of your computer screen.
- Now, Tap on the “About This Mac”
- The year in which your Mac was made will be listed next to the model of your Mac.
How to turn on Auto Unlock?
- Device Setup
- Ensure that your Mac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is turned on.
- Ensure that your Mac and Apple Watch are signedup with iCloud with the same ID.
- Ensure that your Apple Watch is using Passcode.
- On your Mac, tap on Apple Menu > System Preferences.
- Click on Security & Privacy and then Click on General.
- Now, Click on Allow button or Use the Apple Watch button to unlock your apps and Mac.
Tip: If you want to connect two or more Apple Watches, you need to select the watches you need to use for unlocking your Mac device.
By following all the steps listed above, you can unlock your Mac from Apple Watch.